Design Assistant | Sydney - Inner (NSW)
|Position Type:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Mar-2019|
- Design for the BONDS brand!
- Great location in Burwood
- Take your design career to new heights!
We are looking for a super talented Design Assistant to join our fun and fast-paced Bonds Design team and support the Designer in executing new season product ranges in line with our timelines.
You are a strong creative who is passionate about creating and designing commercial and innovative products, and seeking to build an exciting career. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large design-led organisation and contribute to a well-established and hugely successful category.
A day in the life of …
- Assist with seasonal colour and textile print developments.
- Prepare work requests for new style prototypes, development packs and Tech Data sheets
- Liaise with garment technicians on work requests and follow up on sample developments
- Complete small design projects under the guidance of your Manager
- Use creative forecast services, magazines, colour authorities, websites and market analysis to assist in providing information for trend directions, story boards and project work
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with cross functional teams
- Prepare quality presentations and sales tools for internal range showings, sales conferences, retail range showings
To be considered you must have the following skills and attributes:
- A degree in Fashion and Design or a related field - essential
- Proficient use of Adobe Illustrator programs – daily use of our PLM system and the Adobe programs mean you must be a super savvy user
- Ability to translate a brief into a design concept and an understanding of commercial considerations when designing product – this is an opportunity to learn how we do things but you must have a strong appreciation for how to make it happen in reality
- Innovative and creative approach to design – goes without saying but we are looking for a true creative
- Inspirational team player capability – when a job needs doing, you'll make sure it gets done!
- Strong written and verbal communication talents and exceptional time management and organisational skills … without them you will be lost!
What's in it for me?
Who wouldn't want to be part of Hanes Brands? Our culture is fantastic, made so by our people and the standards we set and strive towards each day. We enjoy the benefits of being part of a global organisation, whilst staying true to our Aussie heritage. As a company, we are passionate about developing our people, and there are endless opportunities for career progression across so many different areas of our business. We are open, collaborative and straight-talking: we love coming to work every day and being part of bringing our iconic Australia brands to life that are loved by, well - everyone!
- We're big on training & development and promoting from within – there are genuine career opportunities across our business available for you to explore
- 50% off our fabulous brands, including Bonds and Sheridan
- Reduced Health Insurance premiums with our partner BUPA
- Generous family and friends discounts
- Fabulous modern office space in the Burwood with great facilities
- Regular Sample Sales where you can pick up some real bargains!
A bit about us …
Hanes Australasia is home to iconic Aussie brands Bonds, Sheridan and Berlei – to name but a few – and we are proud to be part of Hanes Brands Inc, the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of basic apparel brands.
The Apparel Group is the largest operating group in Hanes Australasia and our brands speak for themselves: Bonds, Berlei, Champion, Holeproof, Jockey, Rio, Voodoo, Kayser, Razzamatazz and many more … Our Head Office is based in Kew, an Eastern suburb of Melbourne, with easy transport links in and out of the City. We have a NSW office based in Burwood and a New Zealand office in Greenlane, Auckland. Together our dedicated and talented teams are famous for designing and bringing to market a range of fabulous undies, intimates, hosiery, socks and apparel for men, women, kids and baby.
With a foot firmly in retail – our store network is up to 100 stores and counting – combined with some fantastic wholesale partnerships and a growing international presence, the future is looking bright!
Express your interest by selecting APPLY NOW and upload your CV and cover letter.