Safety Coordinator | Melbourne - West (VIC)
|Category:||OH & S/MGR/WCOMP|
|Position Type:||Temporary Full-Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Sep-2022|
We are looking for a Safety Coordinator to support execution of safety compliance activities at our Truganina Distribution Centre. In this role, you will work closely with the site Safety Lead to ensure compliance tasks, including incident and hazard management, training and induction are effectively managed.
The successful incumbent will have strong administrative skills and enjoy working with people in a warehousing environment to build a strong safety culture. We are looking for someone who is starting their career in health and safety and is keen to learn and grow.
Day to day you can expect to:
- Manage the online hazard and incident reporting database including early contact with operations to investigate causation and provide sound risk management advice
- Manage Hanes H&S induction and training database and ensure sound record keeping
- Facilitate and track completion of compliance activities including workplace inspections and emergency drills
- Receive direction, mentoring and support from the site Safety Lead as part of your career development plan
What experience do I have?
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety is strongly desired
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in an administration or Safety Coordinator role
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Well-developed administrative and organisational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Experience working with Microsoft Access (desirable)
We are looking for somebody who is passionate about improving safety and wellbeing outcomes in a warehouse environment and demonstrates a results driven approach.
What can we offer you?
- Work for an amazing brand that's an Aussie household name … work with inspiring cross-functional teams and stakeholders … join a business with an unrivalled culture … what's not in it for you?!
- Genuine commitment to global sustainability
- Huge staff discounts across all the amazing brands in the Hanes portfolio … we're talking huge savings on Bonds, Champion, Sheridan, Bras N Things, Berlei, Jockey – and more!
- Sample sales and extended family and friends' discounts
- Wellness Programs – regular free skin checks, flu shots, remedial massages, Employee Assistance Program
- Access to awesome perks, including corporate discounts, novated car leasing, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave Program
- Monthly business updates from our CEO and Senior Leadership Team, with regular presentations from our community partners
- COVID safe, flexible and relaxed office environment a strictly casual dress-code!
- Established and committed LEAN organization offering on-going training to all employees
A BIT ABOUT US..
Who wouldn't want to be part of Hanes Brands? Our culture is fantastic, made so by our people and the standards we set and strive towards each day. We enjoy the benefits of being part of a global organisation, whilst staying true to our heritage. As a company, we are passionate about developing our people, and there are endless opportunities for career progression across so many different areas of our business. We are open, collaborative and straight-talking: we love coming to work every day and being part of bringing our iconic brands to life that are loved by, well - everyone!
Hanes Brands Australasia is home to some of Australia's most iconic brands, and we are proud to be part the US powerhouse Hanes Brands Inc, one of the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of basic apparel brands. We have 18 brands in our portfolio, including Bonds, Champion, Berlei, Jockey, Sheridan and Bras N Things, and a number of offices across Australia and New Zealand. We're a household name delivering beautiful comfy products that Aussies just love. And with six hugely successful e-commerce sites, an extensive and rapidly growing store network, amazing and well-established wholesale partnerships and a growing international presence, the future is looking bright!
CULTIVATING A DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORKPLACE
We are focused on cultivating a workplace that is diverse, inclusive and vibrant. In fact, we know both our workplace culture and business are only strengthened by our differences. We encourage our employees to bring their true selves to work and support them to reach their full potential both personally and professionally. Therefore, we warmly welcome people of all genders, races, ages and abilities or any other backgrounds or differences to apply to work with us.
To register your interest in this role select APPLY NOW