Designer | Sydney - Inner (NSW)
|Position Type:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Jun-2022|
- An amazing opportunity to join SHERIDAN, an internationally recognised premium home & lifestyle brand
- Work on future-focused design for our unique and innovative apparel category, while immersing yourself in our sustainability efforts
- Enjoy hybrid working from home, plus various health and wellbeing initiatives
When it comes to creating a space that feels like home, look no further than Sheridan. For more than 50 years, we've been creating products people live in — and we're loved for it.
This isn't possible without our team of in-house designers, who are dedicated to quality, obsessed with aesthetics and forever curious, and constantly providing inspiration to our customers.
We're relentless in our pursuit for a better world — one filled with quality, beauty and innovation. We're focused on finding ways to shape the future; a sustainability journey we're undertaking across the business.
We're currently looking for an experienced and talented Apparel and Accessories Designer to join the Sheridan team.
Reporting to the Senior Design Manager, you'll be active in shaping the future of our brand. Within our Loungewear, Sleepwear and Accessories categories, you'll be responsible for the design and development process - everything from initial research, influencing the brands' design direction and product concepts, all the way through to production handover.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow Sheridan's lifestyle categories. You'll be provided with the opportunity and ability to bring your own creative outlook, in line with our brand vision. Being comfortable working autonomously is key, but you'll also have the chance to enjoy collaborating with the broader, highly creative team.
- Contributing to design and concept direction
- Staying connected to relevant current and future research, trends, and innovation
- Hands-on design, including fabric and trims selection and sourcing, garment construction, garment fittings
- Creation and management of designs in the Product Lifestyle Management (PLM) system
- Creating technical drawings and specification packs for costing
- Managing sampling deadlines
- Specification pack preparation for final production
- Creating artwork briefs with textile designers
What's needed for success?
- A degree in fashion design or similar
- An innovative and creative approach to design
- Proven track record in an organisation at a Designer level
- Inspirational team player and collaboration capability
- Strong presentation skills are key, as you'll be articulating your ideas and ranges to internal teams
- Experience in apparel design, including specification packs, garment construction, garment fittings
- Knowledge of fabrications and trims
- Intermediate level experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Excel
- Previous exposure to Product Lifestyle Management system (PLM) - preferred
What we can offer you!
- We want you to join us - Be part of an established yet expanding premium Australian retailer with over 200 stores locally and internationally, and growing
- We are passionate about our people and their wellbeing - We offer health & premium benefits, discounted gym memberships and flexible working arrangements
- We stand by our commitments to global sustainability - As part of HanesBrand, we have a genuine commitment to global sustainability https://hbisustains.com/
- We care about your development - Complete our six-month tailored induction plan through our Sheridan learning and development programs, product nights, team meetings and more
- We think big & have fun - Be part of an open and collaborative company culture with our established social committee, a wellness program that includes weekly meditation sessions, ‘Lunch and Learn' events and much more.
- We reward and recognize - Enjoy 50% off HanesBrands such as Bonds, Champion, Bras N Things and of course, Sheridan
- We believe in work-life balance - Be part of our summer fun initiative and enjoy a bi-weekly half day off during January-March
Who are we?
Hanes Brands Australasia is home to some of Australia's most iconic intimates and home & lifestyle brands, and we are proud to be part of the US powerhouse Hanes Brands Inc.
We have 18 brands in our HBA portfolio, including Bonds, Champion, Berlei, Jockey, Sheridan and Bras N Things, and a number of offices across Australia and New Zealand.
Our Head Office is in Kew, Melbourne; we have multiple sites in Sydney, offices in Auckland and global factories. We're a group of household names delivering products that Aussies just love. And with six hugely successful e-commerce sites, an extensive and rapidly growing store network, amazing and well-established wholesale partnerships and a growing international presence, the future is looking bright.
Cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace
At Hanes Australasia, we value an inclusive and diverse environment — in line with our purpose of creating the fabric of a better life for People and Planet.
Our recruitment decisions are based on key essential needs and requirements of each role; candidates are selected based on their unique experience, strengths and characteristics.
We encourage you to talk to us about how we can accommodate and provide support for disability, illness, or injury, including flexible working hours, allocating minor duties to another person, assistive technologies and additional training and support.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any non-related accessibility enquiries please direct these to email@example.com
As part of our flexible working policy, Hanesbrands will offer employees the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. Our employees will work in the office the remainder of weekdays. This also allows our teams to embrace our renowned collaborative culture.
How to Apply:
We're excited to hear from you! Express your interest by selecting apply now, and uploading your CV & Portfolio.