Assistant Accountant | Sydney - Inner (NSW)
|Category:||Accounting / Finance|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Jun-2022|
- Hybrid and flexible working, health & wellbeing programs
- Collaborative culture with a genuine commitment to sustainability
- Fixed term contract with learn and grow opportunities
An exciting opportunity has become available within our Sheridan Finance Team for an Assistant Accountant, reporting to our Divisional Accountant. The purpose of this role is to assist the Commercial Finance team with a specific focus on controlling Administration payments to provide reliable financial reporting. The role will also support Retail Operations with payment of general retail invoices. This position requires the ability to manage your own time, take ownership of key tasks and work closely with the rest of the Finance team.
What will I be responsible for?
- Support the accounting team to provide accurate and complete financial information
- Prepayment & Accrual and reconciling store expenses on a monthly basis
- Taxation Reporting GST/BAS/FBT/ Tax Returns
- Monthly/Weekly reports run and downloaded for accountant
- Cash reconciliation (including posting and preparation of relevant journals)
- Fixed Assets maintenance
- Recommend and implement month end process improvements
- Account Payable
- Adhoc tasks and projects
What experience can I bring to Sheridan?
- Diploma/Certificate in Accounting or studying towards CA or CPA
- Excel experience, vlook up and pivot tables
- Previous experience in an accounting position doing prepayments & accrual and/or fixed assets
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work at pace, adapt and be flexible as business needs arise
What we can offer you!
- We want you to join us - Be part of an established yet expanding premium Australian retailer with over 200 stores internationally and growing
- We are passionate about our people and their wellbeing - We offer Health & premium benefits., discounted gym memberships and flexible working arrangements
- We stand by our commitments to global sustainability - Genuine commitment to global sustainability https://hbisustains.com/
- We care about your development - Complete our 6-month tailored induction plan through our Sheridan learning and development programs, product nights, team meetings etc.
- We think big & have fun - Be part of an open and collaborative company culture with our established social committee, a wellness program that includes weekly meditation sessions, ‘Lunch and Learn' events and much more.
- We reward and recognize - 40-50% off on all your new favorite brands such as Bonds, Champion, Bras N Things and of course, Sheridan at exclusive prices
- We believe in work life balance - Be part of our summer fun initiative and enjoy a bi-weekly half day off during January-March
CULTIVATING A DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORKPLACE
Here at Hanes Brands Australasia, we are focused on cultivating a workplace that is diverse, inclusive and vibrant. In fact, we know our both workplace culture and business are only strengthened by our differences. We encourage our employees to bring their true selves to work and support them to reach their full potential both personally and professionally. Therefore, we warmly welcome people of all genders, races, ages and abilities or any other backgrounds or differences to apply to work with us.
Hanes Brands Creating the fabric of a better life for people and the planet:
Hanes Brands Australasia is home to some of Australia's most iconic brands, and we are proud to be part the US powerhouse Hanes Brands Inc, one of the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of basic apparel brands.
We have 18 brands in our portfolio, including Bonds, Champion, Berlei, Jockey, Sheridan and Bras N Things, and a number of offices across Australia and New Zealand. We're a household name delivering beautiful comfy products that Aussies just love. And with six hugely successful e-commerce sites, an extensive and rapidly growing store network, amazing and well-established wholesale partnerships and a growing international presence, the future is looking bright
To help grow our vision please apply online now!