Picking Operations Manager
|Position Type:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Feb-2019|
- Thrive in a large dynamic team
- State of the art facility
- Work close to home
Hanes Australasia is famous for marketing iconic everyday brands. From Bonds to Sheridan, Champion, Berlei, Holeproof and many other brands, we create amazing products that our consumers love most! Our culture is dynamic and we love what we do. Working for us means something different, explore it for yourself...
What's in it for me?
Who wouldn't want to be part of Hanes Australasia? Our culture is fantastic, made so by our people and the standards we set and strive towards each day. We enjoy the benefits of being part of a global organisation, whilst staying true to our Aussie heritage. As a company, we are passionate about developing our people, and there are endless opportunities for career progression across so many different areas of our business! We are open, honest, highly collaborative and straight-talking: we love coming to work every day and being part of bringing our iconic Australian brands to life that are loved by, well - everyone!
What will I be responsible for?
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Picking Operations Manager to join our Logistics team at our state of the art Distribution centre in Truganina. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong people management skills and continuous improvement experience to make a real contribution to our business outcomes.
Your key focus will be managing and leading efficient picking activities to ensure that service levels and budgeted productivity levels are met, whilst ensuring all employees work in accordance with our strict Occupational Health and Safety procedures.
What are the roles key accountabilities?
- Lead and maintain a safe workplace environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors through the adherence of company and legislative standards
- Provide daily leadership and coaching to Team Leaders to support effective people management outcomes
- Ensure training plans are completed by all employees in accordance with Operating Procedures
- Role model and promote our culture, supporting our shared standards and constructive leadership framework
- Manage efficient and cost effective outcomes for all processes across picking operations
- Utilise LEAN tools to build a continuous improvement cycle in operations
- Generate and communicate management reports for picking metrics, and support daily production and planning meetings
- Ensure rhythm of regular and periodic communication to employees and team leaders, including planning and production
What experience/skills do I have?
- Degree qualification in Logistics, Supply Chain or other related field
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar or related role, overseeing a large team
- Knowledge and experience in the use of warehouse management systems
- Knowledge of Lean principles and methods
- Comprehensive experience in communicating, influencing and interacting with people at different levels and across various cultures
- Advanced analytical skills, including advanced skills in computer applications such as Excel
To register your interest in this role click APPLY NOW to complete an application form and upload your current resume.