Head Designer | Australia-NSW-Pyrmont
|Position Type:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Sep-2022|
Head Designer – Mens Underwear & Sleep, Mens & Womens Apparel | BONDS | Pyrmont
- Lead Creative vision for 4 key categories
- Senior Leadership Role reporting to Head of Design
- Highly creative design space
About the role
We have an exciting, career changing opportunity in a key leadership position in our Bonds family as Head Designer – MUW & Apparel.
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced Head Designer to lead the Bonds Mens Underwear & Sleep, Mens & Womens Apparel team. The love of Bonds is driven by good quality, comfy products that people look good and feel great in every day. It's a brand that designs to bring imagination and colour to the things that make up Aussies' daily lives. Bonds is for people who are optimistic, genuine, inclusive and free-spirited – an outlook which is uniquely Australian, and loved across the globe.
Reporting to the Head of Design, you will be a proven design leader who is seeking to build on an already outstanding career with a background ideally across apparel or underwear. You will be instrumental in establishing and leading the seasonal direction, generating ideas to develop commercially successful ranges. As a member of the design leadership team, you will also support the business in design led projects to further cement Bonds position in the market.
Key responsibilities include
- Drive creativity and innovation in trend directions
- Research global consumer trends through seasonal overseas travel, creative forecast services, international magazines, website and market analysis
- Establish the direction that will define and mark each season
- Executive InSeason ranges aligned to brand creative direction
- Lead, motivate and inspire a small design team
- Develop strong relationships and collaboration with Product and Sales teams
Essential for your success you will have
- Demonstrated innovative and creative approach to design
- Print & Colour expert
- Key eye for apparel shape trends and ability to execute quality fit
- Strong vision and sense of direction, along with effective influencing skills
- Inspirational team leadership capability and solid experience in a senior design role driving design projects from concept through to execution
- Tertiary qualifications in Fashion & Textile Design – garment construction, pattern making, and yarn knowledge
- Proficiency in Adobe programs
This is an amazing opportunity to progress your design career in this highly collaborative and visionary role.
If you are interested in applying please click "Apply online" and upload your current resume.